9.27.2013

Starburst Pink and Creepy Dreams




Hello my dears! How goes it? You know how last post I said I had a thought out post for you all that I was going to put off until today so I could complain instead? Yeah...well, I lied. THAT post will have to be delayed yet again because today I have an extra special treat for you all! I'm co-hosting the Fab Favorites link up with Style Elixir! EEP! Can you tell I'm excited? ;) I'm excited. Anyway, for the new comers stopping by today, check out this series of posts so you can get to know me a little better and be sure to check out my tabs. I can promise you a good hardy laugh at my expense and a handful of giggles if you do! And what's better than a handful of giggles? Nothin' if ya ask me. I love giggles, especially when they come in handfuls! Anyway, for you old timers you may have noticed that my blog got a new design! I loved the old one but I decided I wanted to switch things up a bit and go with something a little less...pink. Not that there's anything wrong with pink but I just wanted to bring in more boldness with blacks and whites. Anyway, tell me what you think! Also, can we discuss the weather for a hot minute here? I know I've been rambling on and on about how I want it to cool down already and feel like fall, but this past week just got downright freezing. It's like Utah wants to kick all my wishes for a nice lovely and long fall in the shins and bring in the winter. Suck fest. It's even already snowed up in some parts of the mountains!! SNOW, guys, SNOW, in September no less! It looks like there won't be many, if any, fall runs up in the canyon for me this year. Boooo! Also, can I just mention how I forgot how it feels to feel like I'm living in the middle of butt crack Antarctica when it gets cold around here? Not as fun and lovely as I remember...

So, I couldn't decide between the denim jacket or the brown leather jacket so I just wore both! I wore the brown for the first half of the day and the denim for the second half. Win, win. Tell me, which do you like better? The denim or the brown leather? Which, side note on the brown leather jacket. My mom actually gave this to me last week, and I was SUPER excited because it's Guess brand! Never did I ever think that I would own a Guess leather jacket. My mom actually bought it a few years ago and never really wore it, so when she was cleaning out her closet last week she gave the gem to me. Hoorah! Free Guess jackets!! Oh, and this tee shirt? Totally awesome. My little sister actually bought it for my older sister last week when they went to the Muse concert, which, by the way, I'm SO sad that I missed. Muse has pretty much been my entire winter running playlist for the last 3 years. What makes a run through an icy tundra more enjoyable than good old "Map of the Problematique"? Nothing. Ugh, concert of a lifetime and I wasn't there!! Waaa! Next time, next time. At least I get to borrow this sick tee shirt every now and then to console me. Aren't the colors of it just awesome, though? They go perfectly with this starburst pink Aldo's bag that I borrowed from my older sister. Oh, and don't think that's all I have for you in way of a post today. I mean, you all know I could talk and talk and talk for hours if I wanted to, so naturally I have a minor little topic to discuss with you all. The topic for today you ask? Dreams.


Can you guys usually remember your dreams? I can usually remember all of my dreams. I can even remember them years after I've had them. I have one all time favorite dream that was so incredible it's never been beaten, a few pretty freaky ones worth mentioning, a dream that I only ever have when I'm sick, and a couple of steamy make-out Pride&Prejudice level of romance dreams that leave me feeling all giddy and romantic when I wake up. Let's start with the romantic ones. The first one that comes to mind is this dream I had once that I was married to Cristian Bale. Sigh...so great. We were so in love, and life as the wife of Batman was just as incredible as it sounds...sigh...perfection. What a great dream. Anyway, moving on. The next romantic dream that comes to mind is this dream I had once that I was dating this boy, from my actual real life, that for the sake of protecting identities we will call Biceps. Biceps, if you're reading this, you know who you are. I mean, not many can claim to have your level of bicep definition. Anyway, in real life, Biceps has strayed off the straight and narrow but in my dream he stayed true to his former standards and was just the complete package. Dream him, on top of being his totally gorgeous fit self, shared my values, and one day when we both happened to be taking a stroll in our old neighborhood (in real life I grew up with Biceps, just so ya know) we bumped into each other and reignited that old flame from our childhood. Biceps and I start dating, he turns out to be an enormously good kisser, and Biceps and I live happily ever after as he carries me off into the sunset with his incredibly toned arms. The end. Yay. Then, of course, I always wake up mad that Biceps didn't actually stay on the straight and narrow so I could realistically date him. Dang you Biceps! Dang you! Anyway, let's move on before I get all ticked off again at Biceps. Let's talk about my recurring sick dream. Whenever I'm even the slightest bit sick I have this dream that I'm staring at a blinding white wall with a simple black clock on it. For the entire dream all I can do is stare at this clock, which happens to be moving in slow motion. I also, happen to hear it's movement in slow motion too.  Every tick instead of being "tick, tick, tick" is "tttttttiiiiiickkkkkkk...ttttttttttiiiiickkkkkk". It's super duper creepy. Now, let's talk about the best dream I have EVER had...


 {h&m: pants $10 in store, booties similar, wide brimmed hat; Osh Kosh: denim jacket similar; Guess: leather jacket similar; Aldo's: pink purse it's only available in yellow and gray now; Top: bought at the Muse concert; Bracelets: bought in Guatemala}
Typically some of my favorite dreams involve flying. Flying is just enormously fun, at least in dreams, which explains why my all time favorite dream involves flying. In my all time favorite dream I'm Harry Potter. Yupp, that's right. Your eyes aren't deceiving you, I actually said Harry Potter. My all time favorite dream involves me being a teenage wizard boy who defeats the forces of evil. ;)  In this dream, I dreamt that I was Harry Potter and I was playing a game of Quidditch against Slytherin. Flying on that broom was the most fun thing ever you guys. Even, though, I was supposedly Harry Potter in this dream I still had my long curly hair and it felt incredible blowing through the wind. Ah, so fun. I know, I know, it's the weirdest and nerdiest best dream ever but whatever. Being a teenage wizard boy who wins quidditch matches is just what I like to dream about. What are your favorite dreams? Oh, and one last note before I wrap this up. These black pants are INcredible. I had been looking for flared jeans this ENTIRE year with no luck. They were all either too expensive or just looked plain weird on me. You see, when you're smaller in stature it's really hard to find flared jeans that don't emphasize your lack of height and that don't require wearing nine inch heels so that the hems don't drag. This week, though, I was lucky enough to find these bad boys at h&m. They're the perfect length, UBER comfy, and super flattering. Best part, though? They were ten bucks!! YAAAY! Well, that's all the endless chatting I have for you today, so go on ahead and link UP! 

Much Love!

 photo FFF-NewBanner_zps58ae2996.png
 photo collage-sept-27_zps6ed551c4.jpg
Style Elixir (follow here!) | Book of Leisure (follow here!) | Life of a Coy Fish (follow here!)
 
Friday's Fab Favorites Link Up:
1. Please follow your Host Style Elixir (via Bloglovin') and your fabulous Co-Hosts...
Elizabeth from Book of Leisure (follow via Bloglovin')
Allexis from Life of a Coy Fish (follow via Bloglovin')
2. Link up anything... it could be one of your previous posts that you like, or a post about your favorite things!
3. Please include a link back to this post within your post (because it's such a nice thing to do!)
4. Now simply add your link below! We hope you all enjoy meeting other bloggers and discovering some new things.
5. If you would like to Co-Host Friday's Fab Favorites, email stylelixir@gmail.com for more details!
Style Elixir
Join The Link Up Now!

6 comments:

  1. I like the brown leather jacket, when I cant decide on one or the other I wear the denim underneath :) lucky that you remember your dreams. I tend not to remember them at all unless they were extremely creepy/scary.
    Dee
    Ms Dee Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo good idea! I'll have to try it out next time!

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  2. It's a great graphic tee and looks so good with the dark coloured backgrounds. Nice to meet you. Your blog looks like something I am going to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! Nice to meet you too! Oh yay! I sure hope so!! I tried to look up your site but I couldn't find much, give me the link and I'll check it out!

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  3. Thanks for co-hosting - have a fantabulous weekend and keep up the good work - brava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Antoinette, and thanks for stopping by!!

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ