5.09.2013

Flipped and Never Shutting Up...






{F21: dress worn as skirt similar, belt similar, sunnies similar; AE: button up top similar; H&M: shoes similar}
Hello poppets! Have any of you lovelies ever watched "Flipped"? Well, it's an adorable movie based on a book about two little young'ins as they discover "first love" and define who they are and who they are to each other. Just wrote a pretty good synopsis right there didn't I? Haha, maybe I should write movie/book summaries as a living? Anyway, best part of the movie? It's set in the late 50's! Naturally, the outfits in the movie are INcredible!

I was having one of those 'try on a million and one things and I don't like any of it' types of mornings. Then I thought, "Flipped" and my problem was solved! I pulled out my polka dot dress from this post and turned it into a skirt and voila 50's vibe outfit!

Also, I realized, I ramble. A lot. It makes my posts ridiculously long. Sorry guys. It's just that once I get writing, the words just start flowing and there's no stopping them. My fingers just don't know how to not make everything I write ridiculously verbose. This will be my attempt at shortening things. Here's a list of the top 5 things that really mattered today.
  1. I went to one of my heaven on earth locations, Barnes & Noble, today. I still have a gift card from there that I got for my birthday that I've been saving for the right moment. I left empty handed, though, because I suck at making decisions and I couldn't decide on just one book to buy. I did, however, leave with a rather large list of books that I need to read. I think I'll just go through my reading list and then go back and buy whichever book I liked best.
  2. I stopped by one of my favorite frozen yogurt joints, Red Mango, with my little sister and got some raspberry fro-yo with strawberries. Yuuuuuummmmmmmmm!!
  3. On the way home from fro-yo my sister and I spotted this adorable antique shop that's literally like 3 minutes away from home. That's where the outfit pictures where taken, isn't it adorable?! We actually didn't get a chance to go inside because our fro-yo was melting in the car, BUT we will be returning! Soon.
  4. I watched "500 Days of Summer". I have a love/hate relationship with this movie. I always love it at the start and then by the end of it I hate it. I hate Summer. I hate girls. I hate Summer. I hate men. I hate Summer. I hate everyone...but mostly Summer. Life sucks. I should probably stop watching this movie....stupid Summer. 
  5. My Pops brought pupusas, a delicious Salvadorian dish that's basically two tortillas stuffed with cheese -heeeeeeeeeeeavnly!, home for dinner. Paradise. 
Weeeeeell, that was basically my day friends. How'd I do on condensing things? Awful? Eh, eh? Yeah, I did pretty bad. I guess I'm just no good at shutting up....and on that note,

Much Love!

P.S. (See? I just can't stop! It's impossible to shut my fingers up!) Here's my book list in case I've got any fellow readers out there. Wait. What am I saying? Of course I have fellow readers out there. You're all reading this post! Derp. 
  • The 5 Wave by Rick Yancey
  • Gorgeous by Paul Rudwick
  • Panic by Sharon M. Draper
  • An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (John Green can do no wrong so obvi this was a must read) 
  • North of Beautiful by Justina Chen
  • Being Friends with Boys by Terra Elan McVoy
  • Dear Life You Suck by Scott Blagden
  • Blaze by Laurie Boyle Crompton
  • Prodigy by Marie Lu
  • Pulse by Patrick Carmin
  • Taken by Erin Bowman (This one is apparently about a land where boys are mysteriously disappearing. Sounds heavenly right? Just kidding boys, I love you all. Seriously. I do.) 
  • Paper Towers by John Green

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun location for pictures! What a great find. And your skirt is so cute.

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Amy!! Yes, it's just the cutest antique shop ever!!

      Delete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ