8.31.2013

Mango-Avocado Smoothie!


Hey all! It's been, oh, about a millennium since I last shared anything even remotely food related so with the conclusion of my "Am I Even Funny? (And Other Concerns)" series I figured now was as good a time as any to share something health related again! I found the recipe for this DELICIOUS avocado-mango smoothie in Vegetarian Times Magazine. It's seriously such a simple and quick recipe that you'll roll over with a giggle attack after making it for yourself and realizing just how easy it was.

What You'll Need:

1 1/4 cups of coconut water
1/2 medium sized avocado, pitted, flesh scooped out
2 Tbs. walnuts
1 1/2 tsp. lime juice
3/4 cups of frozen mango cubes

Directions:

Place all ingredients in the blender in the order listed, and blend for 30 seconds, or until smooth. See, I told you that was easier than finding water in the middle of butt crack Egypt. Now, go, go, go! Go make it! Oh, but a quick side note, I didn't have any walnuts on hand when I made it so I skipped out on those and I think it tasted just fine!

Nutritional Information:

Calories: 179
Protein: 3g
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Fiber: 6g
Sugar:15g
Cholesterol: 0g
Carbohydrates: 22g

E-mail me if you guys try it out and let me know what you think!

Much Love!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, it took me awhile. But, I wanted to try this out. I finally figured out what coconut water was, and where it was hiding in my grocery store!
    I'd say this is a good smoothie, in a healthy sort of way. I think it could grow on me. Especially if I follow it up with a taste of chocolate! ;) Thanks for giving me something new to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randi! Oh my gosh, I hadn't noticed your comment until just now, sorry! Heehee, healthy sort of way means you probably didn't like it a whole lot. ;) It's definitely not very sweet, so it's probably more of an acquired taste. :) I think it also depends on the type of coconut water that's used. I've noticed that canned or bottled coconut water has a weird taste that I'm not a particular fan of. I think the best way to go is to just buy an actual coconut, drain it, and use it's fresh water versus the canned stuff. The taste doesn't even compare. :)

      Love you Randi!

      Delete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ