10.22.2013

I Whip My Hair Back and Forth

Mornin' everybody. I hope all of your weekends where nice! I meant to post this yesterday for you all but I forgot what day of the week it was so posting this slipped my mind. Whoops. Kind of crazy that I forgot what day of the week it was seeing as Monday is one of the most memorable days of the week, what with it's drudgery and all. ;) Either way, the wrong has been righted, and I'm here. I'd been wanting and wanting to wear this look all summer, and yet I never seemed to actually go through with putting it on. It was just one of those outfit ideas that I had swirling around my brain for ages and ages, just begging to be worn but always being beaten by the newer things in my closet. Does that ever happen to you? Anyway, I've been trying to control myself and go on a bit of a shopping hiatus, so this look finally got to see the light of day. Oh, and can you really call it a shopping hiatus if the only reason you're not really buying anything is because you don't really have money to buy anything with? ;)
See that middle photo up there? Yeah, that's the inspiration for the title of this post. It was just one of those accidental photos, but I kind of liked how sassy and "whip my hair back and forth" it looked so I kept it. Anyway, this look ended up being a favorite. I liked how it looked a little more dressed up and profesh with the blazer, but more dressed down and relaxed without it. And, can I get an "Amen, Hallelu" for these shoes? I mean, they're completely awesome! I love the crap out of their color. Yeah...that statement just kind of rubs a person the wrong way, right? Maybe I should've just said I'm obsessed with their color. Anyway, they were one of my great summer purchases over at h&m.
 {h&m: letter t-shirt cute option here, blazer, neon blue heels similar; Target: boyfriend jeans; Birch Box: green striped hair pins borrowed from my sister similar}
I know, I know, this has been one of my most boring posts to date. I can see my older sister just inwardly cringing at how boring this post has been, but my aunt is flying in from Guatemala tonight and I'm just crazy butt head excited!! I can't seem to manage to think of much else, which is why this post is so lame in the entertainment area. All I can keep envisioning is me giving my aunt and my little cousin a HUGE hug and then stuffing my face chuck full of all the snacks they're bringing over for us. I seriously just LOVE when family comes in to visit; it's like having a little slice of home. Mixed in with all of the excitement there's this little sense of ache tugging at the back of my mind. This will be the first time I'll be seeing my aunt since my grandma passed away, and I can't help but feel that being at the airport picking her up will bring back too many memories of when I last said goodbye to my grandma at the same airport. Either way, it's been 5 years since my aunt last visited and I'm just over the moon happy to be able to see her again!

Much love!

10 comments:

  1. I actually really like your random alphabet shirt. I don't wear t-shirts that much, but when I do, I like t-shirts with a unusual twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Rachel! I'm big into graphic tee shirts this year! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  2. Hey! Following you on bloglovin now :) I love your style, those boyfriend jeans are perfect! And I love the bright blue heels!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessi! Thanks for following. :) Thanks for the compliments, girl!! These boyfriend jeans are just the coziest! You should definitely stop by target and buy yourself a pair! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  3. I just discovered your blog through the giveaway!
    I love yours style! Now following :)

    The Style Storm
    xo, Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay, thanks Christina! I gotta say your style is pretty freakin' bomb!! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  4. Those shoes are gorgeous. What a great color for Fall.

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley!! I'm definitely glad I got them before they ran out at h&m! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  5. Love the boyfriend jeans! I'm so obsessed with them, even though I can't find my perfect pair (I made a whole post ranting about how I had to find pseudo bf jeans lol).

    Arielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya girl!! I had THE exact same problem! These are actually two sizes too big so I end up wearing them pretty far down on my hips but I kind of like how the bagginess looks! The only thing is that I can only wear them once MAYBE twice before washing them, otherwise they get so baggy they end up looking more like saggy butt mom jeans. ;) I'm pretty sure if they had had my size at my local Target they would have fit perfectly! I'd definitely recommend seeing if your local Target has any!

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ