11.02.2013

Hang Loose

Heavens, it's November! November guys! We're already two days in and I hadn't realized that it wasn't October anymore until just now that I started this post. We are literally in the final stretch of 2013. It's kind of scaring me to be honest. Ooof, shiver. Major shiver. Just the thought that this whirlwind of a year is almost over is giving me the oogies. Ja feel? Or am I alone in ja feelin' this? Also, I'm SO not ready for fall to be over. SO not. I feel like I've just gotten into the full swing of breathing in that crisp refreshing fall air and crunch, crunch, crunching down on the leaves as I walk by. Unfortunately there is snow in Monday's forecast. Yiiiick. I mean, I would totally be down for some snow if the world didn't have to get so cold and wet to receive it. I've been debating for the past couple of minutes whether to say this or not, so I'm just going to get right down to it and say it. Flirting is weird. I mean, if you think about it, flirting is just essentially two people that are attracted to each other trying to say vaguely clever/funny things in attempts to mutually amuse each other while trying to coyly convey that they're into each other. It's weird. Not that I'm not a particular fan of flirting, I mean, flirting is fun, but it's just weird. And WOW that last sentence was weirder than a flying hog monkey. I sound like the nerdy heroine in some rom com that babbles off a bunch of awkward/weird/embarrassing statements right as the male protagonist looks her in the eyes and shushes off her blurb of word vomit with a kiss. Except that in my case my embarrassing word vomit is just flowing out into an epically weird blog post with no male protagonist to shush me up. I'll just shush myself up. Let's move on. Did you guys notice I redesigned my little page here? I know that's twice in one month that I've changed it up now, but I just get antsy to change it all the time. It's too much fun designing headers, playing around with fonts, and putting together tiny little decorative details. I promise this is the last time I'll be changing it for a while, though!
{h&m: faux fur vest similar, basic top, chunky necklace similar; Bohme: super flare jeans similar; Charlotte Russe: heels similar}

Ok, let me start by saying that I've fallen in love with fur vests. It's a trend I never thought I would be a fan of but this year I'm just majorly feelin' it. The thing is that most of them go for upwards of 50 dollars. Not a price that I'm willing or able to pay for a simple vest. I found one on h&m's website that was at $35. Not too shabby. So last week when the fam bam and I took my Aunt to get to know City Creek I decided to see if they had the vest in stores. They did. But not in my size. I was pretty sad but then when I met up with my aunt on the lower level of the store at the kid section, I was hit with a stroke of genius. I decided to see if the kids section had any fur vests. They did, and they were only $20! So that's how I scored this little baby! You'll be seeing a lot of this little vest in the posts to come. Anyway, they have this nifty little height thing at h&m that allows you to measure your kid to see what size they are. Obviously I had to do this for myself and I proceeded to measure myself up...and the verdict is that I'm the size of the average 12-13 year old. Yippee, not. Oh well. At least I can fake being tall with massively tall high heels and flare jeans. Which, speaking of, I also got these jeans on major clearance. SEVEN BUCKS! At Bohme nonetheless! I was so excited to get them because they were the dark wash I was wishing for, they're nice quality, and they're super long and super flared, which, like I said before, are perfect for faking that I'm an extra five inches taller! ;) If you can't make it, fake it, right? Right-o. 

Much love!

P.S. Check out this outtake. I call this my hang loose while I give you a backwards high five look.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I'm seriously in love with them too, it's hard to want to ever take them off! ;)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  2. I love your necklace! And I do a lot of shopping in the kids section, too! I'm also so glad that I'm past flirting forever and ever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I thought the chunky spikeyness of it would be interesting. :) Holla for a dolla to the kids section of clothing stores, right? ;) I actually don't mind flirting one little bit, it's just the logistics of it all get weird if you think about it too much, bleh. ;)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  3. Super cute outfit! And I cannot believe its November as well! Crazy how fast time flies by when we get older...darn responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I know, right? I'm still blown away by the fact that I'm about five months away from turning 22, EEK!

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ