12.30.2013

Three, Two, One...I Love You

Well loves, the year is almost up. It's so hard to believe that 365 days of 2013 have almost transpired! This year has truly been one heck of a ride. In many ways, 2013 started off with a lot of trials and challenges for my family, yet we made it through and now, sitting on the tail end of 2013, all I can think of are the tremendous blessings I've seen in my life this year.  First, I'd like to thank you lovely, lovely readers for following along thus far, and lets keep our fingers crossed for a smashin' 2014 with more friends to join our ranks here at Life of a Coy Fish! I love you all! Now, I'd like to just take some time to share photos from this year and express my love and gratitude for all those amazing humans who I love and adore and were so incredible as to share this year with me.
The first people to thank on my list, would clearly have to be these two, my lovely parents. It would be unfair to everyone else's parents to call my parents the best parents in the world, so I'll just say that they're the best parents in the world for ME. I'm so grateful for them and for their love for me, but more than that, I'm grateful for their love for EACH OTHER . Their life together has truly been one heck of an adventure. Heck, with my dad, you're sure never to pass through a dull moment. If ever we're feeling like life is feeling pretty choice he's sure to notice too and decide to add in some more...pizzazz. ;) I love them both so much, and the life they've built for each other and our family. Thanks Mom and Dad.
Next up, my baby sibs. Even, though, they're grouchy and mean half the time (I know. I should be the grouchy mean one since I'm the older one. Don't worry, I'm rolling my eyes too;) I still love them more than anything. They're a couple of the weirdest/funniest four eyed goofballs around. They make me laugh like no other and all the funny moments we've shared this year truly made 2013 a year worth living. Love you Faola and Poopah. ;) You both make me a proud big sister and every day I'm grateful that I get to share my life with you two!
This isn't the greatest photo of just the two of us, but since I lost my phone it's the only one I could find. Words can't describe what this girl means to me. Best friends for 21 years, and every single year I'm more and more grateful that God made us sisters and that our hearts chose to be best friends. I think there's a reason it was the two of us that were placed in the same boat of troubles in life because no other two could have handled it better. Through every struggle we faced this year because of our lot in life, you were always right there next to me to hear out my thoughts, feelings, and be probably the only human I feel comfortable crying in front of/with. Thank you for listening. Thank you for being my best friend and partner in crime. I love you!
Friends. My goodness, friends. I honestly don't think I could have survived this year without them. There's all at once too many words and not enough words to describe how grateful I am to have had the best friends that I have. They have been supportive and loving through mine and my sister's loss of our grandma this year, and have made me so grateful that I have them around. We have shared some truly hilarious and embarrassing moments this year, and I can't remember a year in which I've laughed harder. From road trips, to dining out, to ill advised group date things, to hanging out on the wet grass of a park while eating Chic-fil-a fries, to serious chats about our take on life, to just plain old crying from laughter. Lisha, and Ro I love you to the moon back. Let's have another year of cry from laughter friendship!
Maybe it's cheesy to include my puppy in this, but he's given me all the therapy I've needed this year by way of cuddles and that means the world! Oh, and before I wrap up, just a quick thanks to those of you who have meant the world to me this year as well but that I don't have photos of. You know who you are, ahem, ahem, Angelica. ;) Oh, and of course my dear sweet Graham girls, and Randi! I love you all!
To one of the most beautiful women I've ever known, I love you. I simply love you. Loosing you this year was so extremely difficult, for the simple reason that death is a hard thing but for so many other deeper reasons as well. I could take your passing and let it make me see 2013 as a bad year, but it wasn't and I know you wouldn't want me to see it that way either. It was a wonderfully blessed year, and I'd like to think that you had a hand in making some of those blessings happen. I think my heart has at last made peace with your passing. I haven't stopped missing you, I don't think the missing ever really stops, but my heart has made peace. This year more than any other, I am so indescribably grateful for The Savior, and The Plan of Salvation. My testimony of these truths has deepened in profound proportions and although your death saddened me, I think the spiritual growth it helped me achieve has helped my happiness of the gospel radiate more than ever before. Thank you. "Y colorín colorado este cuento se ha acabado, y el tuyo aún no ha comenzado."

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. This was such a beautiful post! What a way to reflect by counting all of the wonderful blessings in your life. You have inspired me to do the same. I hope you have a great New Year!

    -Kelsey

    www.excusemyblog.com
    (I just launched my fashion blog and currently have a giveaway offering $250 worth of credits for a Facebook campaign/advertisement that can be used towards your blog or business!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love that you did this as kind of a thank you post!! So perfect.
    Happy New Year!!!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessi!! Happy New Year girl!!!

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  3. Thanks Lexus! What an honor. We all love and miss you! It's time for a game or movie night. Eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally down! I miss my girlies!! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ