3.31.2014

The Rooster, the Crow, and the Man with a Beard

Sometimes I like to dress the way seven year old me livin' in the 90s would have. Today was one of those days. Today is also one of those days in which I really, really wish I had something interesting, funny, or even mildly weird to say...but I don't. I'm finding myself with absolutely nothing to write about. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. I'm probably already boring you all half to death just writing about not having anything to write about. I'm boring. Forgive me. Actually, now that I think about it. I do have something to share! The other day, during my afternoon run, I saw a rooster! He was just strollin' out of his neighborhood and then running like a goofy little maniac down the street. I imagine he was thinking something along the lines of, "freeeeeeeedom!!!!" It was actually pretty funny, but I'm kind of worried he might've gotten hit by a car. I sure do hope he found his home again. I wanted to catch him so I could help him find his home, but then I would've been stuck carrying a rooster wandering the streets aimlessly, looking for it's owners. Not to mention that I'm terrified of birds (chickens and roosters included) so I probably would've had a heart attack if I even attempted to touch it with a ten foot pole. All this I could have tried to overcome, though, just to help the little guy out, but the point was rendered moot by the little guy hobbling off like the wind. He was about a quarter of a mile away from me when I first spotted him and when he saw me running towards him he took off like a bullet and disappeared around a corner. Who knew roosters could hobble so dang quickly.

Speaking of birds, the other day when I was stopped at a stoplight, minding my own business, jamming out to "We are the Wild Ones" by Nina (I'm MAJORLY obsessing over this song right now), I started hearing the unmistakable ear curdling squawk of crow. Now, to fully appreciate just how terrifying this sound is to me, you'd have to know that I was once harassed by a crow when I was out on a run. Yep. Not even kidding. Let's not go into details, though. Anyway, I hear the demonic cry of one of those little spawns of Satan and I almost died right then and there because I momentarily lost my mind and thought that the crow somehow got into my car and was about to kill me. Anyway, after frantically looking around my car to make sure it wasn't hiding anywhere deciding how best to rip my head off, I decided maybe I was just going crazy and hearing things. Much to my chagrin, though, I heard another squawk. This time I knew it wasn't in my car so I started to look for it outside. As I was looking around, I noticed the guy in the car next to me. He looked like a ginger Hagrid and his expression looked like he had just witnessed the death of a puppy. He was terrified too. Anyway, we linked eyes for a second and exchanged a "oh, good, we're not crazy" glance. After that, I spotted the crow flying around over head, the light turned green, and I went on my way feeling comforted by the fact that giant men with red beards are also pee your pants scared of birds.
Denim Jacket: Osh Kosh similar
Bodysuit: h&m (gift from one of my best frennnns) similar
Floral Shorts: F21 similar
Sneakers: h&m 

Now for some riveting outfit chitchat. First, this "L'amour" bodysuit is just divine. It's got the little snaps at the bottom, for more convenient potty breaks, that I always wished bodysuits would have! Now I can proudly proclaim to you all that I'm basically just wearing an adult onesie! Yippee!! Anyway, this fab little bodysuit was a present from one of my best friends and boy does she know me well! Perfect birfday present! Also, what do you all think of my knock off Keds? Pretty fab right? I'm so stoked the Keds look is back in! I only wish I could actually afford real Keds. But I'm not supposed to be shopping anymore and even if I could shop I don't know how I'd feel about laying down $50 for a pair of shoes when there's tuition to be paid. Also, I was under the mild delusion that Keds used to be affordable once upon a time because when I was a kid I had a new pair of Keds every year, and there were definitely times in my childhood when we were anything but rolling in dough. When I asked my Mom about it, though, she told me they've always been that pricey, she just always made an effort to put enough money aside to buy us nice things. Melt my heart. My mom was truly the best mom possible for me. If I recall correctly, there was a time when she went at least a good ten years without ever really buying herself anything. That's motherhood for you. Sacrificing your own wants and needs for the wants and needs of your kids. Thanks Momma! Now, all of you send a smile to your mother! :) 

Much love!

1 comment:

  1. So adorable, as always!! I just want your entire wardrobe. I'll email you my address.

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ