4.28.2014

A Little Man who Didn't Like Flan

Haaaaaaappy Monday loves! Not. Mondays are pooey. ;) Anyway, I was just thinking about the influx of traffic and readers to this lil' space of ours lately and I realized that I haven't really done a "formal" intro of myself for our new friends! I mean, I know I've got my handy dandy little tabs up top that do a pretty good job of introducing my weird little self, but I feel like the only real information that can be gleaned from my tabs is that I'm, what I like to lovingly refer to myself as, "adorkable". Haha, kidding. Kidding. I don't think anyone actually thinks of me that way, but I am a dork. Anyway, I thought I'd put together a fun little list of five random things about myself so any new readers can get to know me a little better. Here goes...
  1. The only two foods I ever crave in life are, Orange Juice...and Flan. I'm sort of obsessed with them. OJ just makes me happy, and I mean the juice not the person. Haha I'm so punny. ;) And, well, flan is...flan. I mean, who couldn't love that caramely gooey good stuff?! I know who, Ben Stiller. Anyone remember that movie, "Envy", he was in with Jack Black? Ya know, "VaPOOrize". Ringing any bells? Well, there are multiple flan references in that movie. Check it, here's one.
  2. I frequently daydream about being on The Voice. I would pick either Adam or Blake as my coach and I would try out with this song. Still contemplating what I would wear, though...Anyway, that's how thoroughly I've thought it out. ;) Now if only I could sing...
  3. I'm very particular about the cheese that I like, but if I could, I would subsist on cheese sticks and queso fresco. I love those suckers. 
  4. Bed time is my least favorite time of the day. I never sleep well, and I just kind of think it's boring. I'd rather be doing other things. Crazy much? Yes, but I never claimed otherwise. ;) 
  5. I invent my own catch phrases. I have a few of them listed on my "isms" tab, but right now I'm playing around with "donka schoen". I mean, I know it's already a phrase in German, but I'm playing around with using it as a verb. For instance, "I'm going to go all donka schoen on your butt", or, "Don't get all donka schoen on me". I'm also playing around with using "das auto" in place of "that's funny". Whenever my sister says something even remotely amusing I'll chime in with my, "das auto".  I guess I have a thing for the German language. :)
top: F21 (super old) similar
skirt: West Fourth Street (sold out but I'm loooooving this option and this option)
shoes: h&m
readers: F21 similar

I wore this look yesterday for church. I was going for a classic "50s school teacher" look, which actually ended up working out perfectly because one of my fellow Sunday School teachers got sick and I was asked to teach the lesson last minute. The outfit planning part of my brain secretly knew that was going to happen. ;) Really, though, the whole night before I had been feeling that I needed to study the lesson as if I were going to teach it, but like a little dummy, I ignored it and sho 'nuff I was asked to fill in a few hours before church. Recognizing promptings of the Spirit can be hard sometimes, but I'm definitely never doubting myself again. If I feel I need to do something I just gosh dang gotta do it. :) Anyway, I've had this skirt for a while now and I'm still just as in love with it as ever. I love it's color, movement, shape, and most of all modesty. It's hard to find a cute modest skirt these days! :) Also, these heels? Yeah, they're pretty much the highest heels I have EVER worn in my life. My foot is SO arched in them!! Every time I take them off I get a case of Barbie Foot for a couple of hours. Don't know what Barbie Foot is? Eets joost when your feet get stuck in that arched position. Anyway, these babies are definitely a challenge to walk in without feeling like I might loose my balance and plunge forward to a tragic death at any moment. 

Much love!

6 comments:

  1. Love the top! Your embellished collar is perfect!

    www.loveandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow how amazing!!!!
    xoxo from switzerland
    vali
    www.vgblog.ch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi girl! Ooo, Switzerland; how awesome!!!! :D

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  3. you rocked that outfit! 3 things: If I could be famous, I'd want to be famous for singing too! 2. I just checked out that song and now am in love with it. 3. you're right, sleep seems like a waste of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laur!! Awww yay!! I'm so glad you listened to it/loved it!!! I love sharing music!!!! Isn't it, though? The only good thing about it is dreaming! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ