3.02.2015

Fantasies






Guys, I'm so tired it's gross. It's totally my own fault too. I only got 5hrs of sleep last night! AH!! I mean, it was the Downton Abbey season finale, though, so I had to stay up. I really didn't have a choice here. ;) Really, though, I'm such a nerd. I mean, who else would loose sleep for a British tv series? Yeah...;) Anyway, tonight guys, tonight, I will do much better. I will be a good lil' granny and go straight to bed come 9 o'clock. Not even kidding. I have another early morning tomorrow (5am you are my worst enemy). In other news, I've been feeling like I'm in a bit of a funk lately. Anyone else ever feel like they get into funks? I hate feeling funky. I hate it. My spring break trip to Big Sur is just around the corner, though, so I'm sure some much needed r&r and ocean therapy will do the trick. I'm not one to get into funks very often so when I do it stinks worse than a dirty diaper. Kay, that was a weird comparison, but you get the point. Either way, I'm just going to dive headlong into all of the goals I've set for myself this year and make them happen. :)




dress: Ruche
cardigan: c/o American Eagle similar
photos: Romina

Guys, this is seriously one of my new favorite dresses! I had been eye balling it for MONTHS on Ruche but I kept holding back on buying it because I've been tight on cash. BUT, then they had a two day 50% off sale and I jumped on it like a...insert funny comparison because I got nothin'...Anyway, yeah, I got the dress and I luuurves it. It was just one of those "fantasy" items for me. Ya know, the kind you see, instantly fall in love with, and then proceed to fantasize about and all the awesome sassy scenarios you would get into wearing it. Ever have those kinds of items or is that just me? It's definitely more of a summer dress and most of my sassy day dreamin' scenarios about it involved strappy leather sandals, salsa dancing in the summer, and riding a motorcycle, but hey those could all plausibly happen come summer! ;) In the meantime, though, I'll be wearing the crap out of it with cozy chunky sweaters! Which, truth be told, is a match made in heaven! Mixing warm weather items with cold weather items is one of the best parts of Spring!

Much love!

7 comments:

  1. This outfit and the lighting of your photos...both superb! Hope you get some rest!


    Mandy | www.mandydreams.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, thanks so much Mandy! Credit for any magicalness goin' on in the photo's is all to my friend Romina! I'm not an easy person to photograph and she is just all sorts of amazing! Oh boy, thanks so much, I hope I can a little more sleep in too! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  2. you look so pretty, I love your dress
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, girl, stop! Thanks so much!! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I am right there with you! Major funk over here. It's probably totally normal, this time of year. But, yikes. It's bad...

    You look gorgeous! I love that cardigan and the dress. I'm so jealous of your upcoming trip to warmer weather. I have zero trip plans at the moment. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? My funk is pretty bad too, I had a nice "I'm-not-sure-if-I'm-laughing-or-sobbing" session with my sister the other night and it actually helped so much in a weird way, haha! Maybe we just need to throw a "Funky Town" party, play that "Funky Town" song and dance away our funks. :)

      Let's plan a trip, yeah?! Seriously, I'm trying to adventure as much as possible this year and you're like the adventure guru! Anywhere you've been wanting to hit up?

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to wear things like white airy summer dresses! I am soooo tired of snow....
    You look wonderful


    HAPPY MEDLEY

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ