1.20.2017

Sometimes...I Hate My Hair



I'm just going to come out and say this outright. Sometimes self-love is a bunch of baloney. Just a whole bunch of stinky, rotten, BALONY. Betcha didn't think this post was going to be about this based on the lovey-dovey photos of my husbabe and me, did ya? Hahahaha. Ya know why I'm thinking this, though? Because I promised myself I would go the whole month of January without using heat on my hair, ie, I had to wear it natural for alllll 31 days of the month. I wish I could say that 20 days into it I have found a new found 'love' and 'appreciation' for it, that it's been an eye-opening journey on loving myself as I am and yadayada, but if I did I would be lying. 

What it's actually been is a whole 20 days of newfound rage against my hair. I've hated every single second of it so far and I'll go as far as to say that I've even been struggling with feeling attractive. Not because I think curly hair is fundamentally unattractive but because I personally just can't convince myself to feel pretty with my natural hair. Now, this isn't me fishing for compliments because there is no amount of flattery that would convince me right now that doing this was a good idea, haha, but I'm sticking to it. My main goal in doing this was to give my hair a break from the heat to see if doing so would improve its overall health and maybe even help it grow a little. To be honest, I haven't seen any radical difference but maybe that's because I'm coming from a place of extreme negativity right now, haha. 

Who knows, though, maybe by January 30th I will find that sense of 'who we are is awesome' and, 'we shouldn't change a thing about ourselves' mumbo jumbo. Mitch is a big proponent of this and I love him for it because on the days when I'm really struggling with liking my hair, his encouragement helps me out. I on the other hand am a proponent of do whatever makes YOU feel pretty. If you're one of those awesome humans that feels prettiest bare-faced with a simple bun, well then, good on ya mate! But if you're the type who feels her best with a full face of makeup and hair glammed out, well then, good on ya too you cheeky diva! I personally fall somewhere in between those too. Some days I want to give up on makeup altogether (ok, except for mascara and a little blush) and own my 'natural beauty' but other days I want the cleanest cut winged liner paired with the fluffiest eye-lash extensions. It's a constant roller coaster.

Anyway, I have no clear conclusion here, so I'll just say goodbye and check in again later on.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read a bloglovin' post for quite some time now, but when I was scolling through today I saw the picture of you with your curly hair and HAD to come and check out the post! Just had to say that you have awesome hair--love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so MUCH for your sweet comment, Vanessa! I was seriously struggling with loving my hair!

      Delete
  2. Naturally, people loss 100 hairs daily. Losing hairs more than this rate will be an alarm for you towards getting bald headed.
    hair blog

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ