2.07.2013

For the sake of my sanity







{top: F21, jeans: Abercrombie Kids, Shoes: Charlotte Russe, earings: H&M}
For the sake of my sanity I took a day off today. Between school, work, and the insane fitness goals I push myself to meet everyday my body has been feeling bruised, beaten, sore, and just incredibly exhausted. When I went to bed last night I had gone to sleep fully intending to go to the gym in the early hours of the morning, attend the three classes I have today, and run my long run for the week. When my alarm went off at 5:40 this morning I felt like a train had passed through my room at some point in the night and run me over. For the sake of my sanity there was no way the gym would be happening today, so I slept on thinking that, oh well, who cares if I miss one workout, I'll still get my run in later today so it'll be alright. When I finally got up at 8 to get ready for class and send out a few important emails I realized I was still pretty tired and wasn't feeling up to going to school. I couldn't just let myself miss a day, though, because what would be the point of working my butt off at my job to pay for tuition if I didn't even show up for school? I gave myself a little pep talk and told myself I had to go, but IF for the sake of my sanity I had to skip my last class so I could come home early that would be ok. I made it down the stairs and opened my laptop to get started on those urgent emails.

As I started typing I started realizing just how tired I actually was. There was no way I could possibly make it through my second class of the day, biology. I told myself that if it was for the sake of my sanity I could miss biology just this once too. After all, I deserved a bit of a break, but NO MATTER WHAT I had to push myself to make it to my first class of the day, painting. I got a reply to the first email I sent. It wasn't the response I was hoping for. It left me feeling disappointed, hurt, and just a little harassed. As I was typing out a reply to this disappointing email I asked my mom for a little advice on the situation. While her advice was helpful it ended up turning my response to this email into a bigger issue than I was ready to deal with. I ended up getting so frustrated and angry at the person I was emailing that I ended up crying. Do you remember that lovely speech I gave in this post about crying being perfectly alright? Well, cross my heart and hope to die because I'm a bloody liar. Crying sucks. A lot. Especially crying in front of your whole family. It's embarrassing and no matter how many pretty speeches I give I can't shake the feeling that crying makes me a weak pansy.

By the time I rapped up those stupid emails I had all of ten minutes to get my things together to go to painting, by which point I was feeling so emotionally/physically drained that I just decided shuck it. SHUCK IT ALL. For the sake of my sanity, I need a WHOLE day off gosh dang it! Instead of pushing myself to my breaking point like I always like to do, I went back upstairs to my room, got into my bed and cuddled with my puppy for a good long while. I then put together an outfit that would channel my inner peace loving, happy go lucky hippie and took these pictures with my little sister. Last of all, I changed into my running gear and for the sake of my sanity went on my long run, basked in the warmth/sunlight of the day and enjoyed the burning in my legs as I pushed them through their fatigue to run.

Happy Thursday!

P.S. I came across this video on my facebook feed, and it totally made my day so much better. Watch it!

P.P.S I actually think the best part of this video is the older sister eagerly waiting for what she knows is coming and then just cracking up like a little whacko. :)

2 comments:

  1. sometimes you just need a break, a day to rest and let your body just be. You have a crazy busy life so hopefully this day off rejuvenates you!

    Em

    also, cute outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day off was a huge help, thanks Katherine!!

      XX :)

      Delete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ