3.10.2013

Call me Rebecca Bloomwood








{F21: dress similar here & here, denim jacket similar, belt similar, H&M: boots similar}
Oh the glories of shopping! As one Rebecca Bloomwood from Confessions of a Shopaholic would put it, "You know that thing when you see someone cute and he smiles and your heart kind of goes like warm butter sliding down hot toast? Well that's what it's like when I see a store. Only it's better." For the past three months I'd been doing SO well keeping my shopping in check. I even did a 30 day no shopping challenge which I briefly blogged about here, here, here, and here! I'd been re-inventing ways to wear "old" things in my closet to keep things interesting. I'd even been digging up old treasures from not only my closet but everyone else in my family's as well to keep things fresh. Yesterday, though, I fell off the bandwagon. My little sister informed me of a mega sale going on at H&M. H&M being one of my favorite stores I obviously HAD to go. At the very least to just go "briefly" check out what they had. I told myself I'd only allow myself to spend $20, because $20 isn't that much and wouldn't put a big dent into my college student budget. Can I just say that I was SEVERELY kidding myself. I walked in and of course everything was just heart achingly beautiful and well...on sale so of course irresistible. I had to just grab everything in sight that I liked. I was having a Rebecca Bloomwood moment. You know that scene in the movie when she says, "A man will never love or treat you as well as a store. If a man doesn't fit, you can't exchange him seven days later for a gorgeous cashmere sweater. And a store always smells good. A store can awaken a lust for things you never even knew you needed. And when your fingers first grasp those shiny new bags...oh yes...oh yes"? I was having a moment similar to that. I do have some self control, though, so out of the MANY things that I grabbed and tried on I only left the store with four. Two pairs of shoes, which were originally $50, and I snagged at $20 (One of those pairs of shoes happens to be the pair I'm wearing in the photos above. Gorgeous right?), a maroon hat, and a pair of gorgeous funky printed pants. Not too bad, eh? Eh?? If I had my way, though, I'd definitely go back tomorrow for this gorgeous wide brimmed hat that was only $7. Alas, I must resist because, although, I only bought four items and I scored mega deals I still spent around $75. Bleh. Well, at least I'm not quite as bad a shopaholic as dear old Rebecca Bloomwood. I can proudly say I don't have any credit card debt, and I've never spent $200 on Marc Jacobs underwear. Although, underwear is a basic human right...so...maybe I should. Ha, just kidding ya! Oh, and on that note, one last quote from good old Confessions of a Shopaholic. "Life is like a swap meet. You never know when great riches...are going to turn up unexpectedly." I hope in way of unexpected great riches my metaphorical swap meet cranks me out the Luke Brandon to my Rebecca Bloomwood. 

Much love!


2 comments:

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ