10.27.2013

Realizations




I've given up on not posting pictures in which I'm not making a derp face. I've realized it happens far too often for me to be able to only post pictures in which I actually look normal. I guess I just have a derpy face. ;) So, for the sake of making me feel better, lets just pretend that my eyes are open in the picture above. Ok? Ok. Anyway, I wore this little number the first day of my aunt being here in the states. We went out shopping to City Creek, and then stopped at lunch at Brio. The day's activities made me realize two things. First, I hate eating out at restaurants. I'm the pickiest eater so it's hard for me to find anything on the menu that I might actually like, and then, for the most part, most restaurants disappoint. Also, my family is big on Italian food, which I don't hate, but I'm not a big pasta person and I hate most sauces, which basically eliminates half the menu for me at most Italian restaurants. I don't know, call me crazy, but I'm the type of person that would honestly just be happier cooking something for myself at home. Home cooked meals are the yummiest. :) One thing's for sure, I'm the cheapest date around. I will a million times over rather go to a park and climb trees and swing on swing sets while we have awesome conversation, than go out to eat on a date. The simple things right? Anyway, the second thing I realized was that I think I may genuinely have some sort of shopping addiction. It's not something I can kid about anymore. I mean, it's like I have no self control. Well, I do have some self control (I'm not putting myself in debt, here, guys) but the percentage of each paycheck that I spend on clothes is far too great. I need to get myself in check, and get my priorities straight. Haha, that last phrase made me think of the scene in the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone movie where Ron goes, in reference to Hermione, "she needs to get priorities straight". If any of you are fellow Harry Potter nerds, chuckle along with me. If you're not a Harry Potter nerd then just pretend you didn't read that completely unnecessary side track. Anyway, I've been really thinking about how I'm choosing to spend my money and if it's benefiting anyone other than myself. If I'm being honest the answer would be no. With that in mind, I'm trying to come up with ways to better focus at least a portion of my funds to helping others.



{h&m: dress similar, tube scarf; Osh Kosh: denim jacket similar; GoJane: pistol booties; F21: knit hat similar}

I've been considering maybe going on a year long shopping hiatus. I think it would really teach me to value the things I already have, and hopefully teach me to bridle my lust for silly items of clothes that I honestly, probably don't even really need. I don't know if I have the inner resolve to go for it, though. We shall see. With all of this in mind, though, there is something I would like to share with you all. A couple of weeks ago, Jalynn from The Red Closet Diary contacted me about an event coming up in about a month that is just incredible. This event is called Blogger's Give Back. It's essentially a way for all of us bloggers, and readers too, to be able to help two little boys in need this Christmas. Any sort of donation, even if it's just a dollar, helps. Donations for these two cute little fellas will be open from October 28th to December 6th, so if you're willing and able, tomorrow is the day to start getting things going for these boys. There will also be another event coming up in which you will be able to shop from your favorite blogger's closets to help raise funds for these little guys! I'll give you all more details as the date approaches. In the meantime, though, don't forget to stop by the Bloggers Give Back web page, here, to read these boy's stories and donate any amount you're able to. Or, to make things easier, I've included a  little donate button at the bottom of this page that you can click on to get you started. :)

Much Love!

P.S. I spy with my little a eye, an adorable little cousin photo bombing a couple of these pictures, do you? ;)


12 comments:

  1. Your booties are so cute - love the detailing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! That pink peplum top in your last post was absolutely darling!

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  2. Oh c'mon you do not have a derpy face lol ! It's hard to get outfit pictures right but it takes a little bit of practice... First thing, relax and be yourself... And I tend to open my eyes a little more then normal because in pictures it looks like they are half way closed...
    Cuties booties and hat!


    www.happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely fall look!
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com
    following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, I loved your last wish list! I wish I had all of those accessories in my closet stat!

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh I feel ya on the closed eye pics! I blink WAY too much. Love your outfit though! The burgundy looks gorgeous with that teal beanie and I love the denim and booties with it, so cute!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Sometimes I wonder if I'm walking around with my closed from how much I blink! :) Thanks Jessi!!

      P.S. I'm jealous of your bangs! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  5. aren't you as sweet as a button :D so happy to find new great blogs :)

    inwithdnew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ