11.18.2013

Chocolate

Notice the giant band-aid on my face? Yeah, I know, it looks pretty ridiculous but it beats the alternative which involves slathering makeup on top of a pretty painful scab, which is more raw skin than scab. Beautiful, I know. Anyway, wisdom teeth removal surgery is coming up in t minus 30 hours. AHHHHHHHH. Swollen cheeks here I come and, yes, I mean my face cheeks. Ha, lame joke, I know. I just heard it once on The Fairly Odd Parents about a thousand years ago when I was a kid and I thought it was incredibly hilarious at the time and now I just can't stop myself from using it whenever I get a chance.
You know how they say that once you can't have something it instantly becomes the one and only thing you can think about and/or want? I'm feeling that way about chocolate right about now. I have to be caffeine free 5 days before surgery and 5 days post surgery, which means no chocolate even, though, its levels of caffeine are infinitesimal. Sighhhhhhh. And the thing is, I'm not even a very big chocolate fan. Now all I can seem to think about, though, are Oreos, brownies, hot chocolate, Hershey's chocolate bars, s'mores, my gosh s'moressssss, peanut butter cookies stuffed with Snicker's bars, the list goes on and on. I digress. One thing I'm trying to fully enjoy while I can, though, is popcorn. Which, funny enough, is another thing I'm not a huge fan of but I figure I might as well enjoy it before it's forcibly removed from the menu for 6 weeks. Five day liquid/mushy food diet say hello to your soon to be slave.
 {F21: plaid top similar; h&m: pleated skirt similar, sheer tights, spiked necklace similar; Charlotte Russe: heels similar}

When I got dressed this morning my little sister told  me that I wear this shirt too much. And she's probably right. I mean, if anything, this blog is proof of the fact. But plaid is just one of those fall staples that transitions beautifully for the winter/holidays, am I right? I mean, I was totes ma goats feelin' ready for Christmas in this outfit. Which, speaking of, I have shamelessly started jammin' out to Christmas music. Judge away if you must now. ;) The Christmas season is just my favorite. There isn't a time of year when I feel giddier or warmer in my gooey marshmallow insides. Now that we're on the topic of Christmas, though, I just want to quickly remind you all of the Blogger's Give Back campaign. We're still accepting donations, and every dollar helps! I'll attach the link again at the bottom of this post, so if you're able to it'd be much appreciated. :) Oh, and quick question. Did the stunna shades I stole from my sister do their job of drawing attention away from the giant band-aid on my chin? No, because I pointed out said band-aid the second I started this post? Yeah, I probably shouldn't have done that. ;)

Much love!


7 comments:

  1. Good luck on your wisdom tooth surgery! I had mine out this summer and had to deal with swollen cheeks and big bruises! I love this shirt on you, I would wear it all the time too! :)

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes Vicki!! Heehee, pretty much the only time I'm not wearing it is when it's getting washed! ;)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  2. No popcorn for 6 weeks?? I haven't heard of that as a condition of the surgery, or being caffeine free, either. Hmmm. I had my wisdom teeth out 5 years ago, 4 at once, just local anesthesia--it only took 15 minutes and I was out of the office and back in the car, so that was great, but recovery was not fun. I basically didn't eat anything for a week. But it's a pretty common experience for all of us! And I survived it all. :P Hope everything goes well and you have a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the no popcorn thing is so that I don't get anything stuck in my healing gums and the caffeine thing is because I'm doing the surgery for a research study. :) Phew, at least it's quick, though, right?

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  3. You look super cute! Love the plaid with white skirt

    happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna you're always the sweetest!

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  4. Haha, phew, I'm glad it wasn't that noticeable! Oh my, I'm pretty nervous too! I'm ready to just get it over with! Thanks Marlen!!

    xx
    Allexis

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ