12.17.2013

Does Your Bun Hang High

Guess who didn't procrastinate today? Yupp. This girl. Hooray, Hoorah! I'm finally getting a post live at the time I intended! Yippee for me! "Doesssssss...your bun hang high, does it almost touch the sky?!" Mine does, mine does! If hair buns could be bootylicious mine would definitely be bootylicious today. I swear, it was rubbing against the roof of my sister's car on the whole ride to work. Yippedee do da for tall buns! ;) Now, I'm going to admit something. Something slightly embarrassing. One of those "I'm a closet fan of..." things. Now, before I admit to anything, though, let me preface it all with this, I don't generally listen to the radio. Much less pop radio. I know, I know, I'm a snob. I lost my phone last week, though, and as I STILL haven't found it, I've lost my one source of what I would call "good" music and have been forced into listening to the radio more often. Now, I have one last thing to say before I make my confession. I don't often like pop, but when I do like pop I like the sickeningly cheesy stuff that would make even a puppy rolling in a bed of roses cringe. Ya know, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Britney Spears, and the like. Not that I would consider any of these ladies cringe worthy, I mean, I like them, duh. ;) Anyway, that wasn't my confession, just to be clear. This is my confession, I like that song "Brave" by Sara Bareilles. Go ahead, feel free to commence stoning. ;)
I think the main reason I'm a fan of Brave is because it reminds me of being a kid. When I was a kid, I was big into alternative rock and r&b. More alternative rock in my early years than r&b, but my inner soul sista came out eventually. ;) Anyway, my point is that some of my favorite childhood alternative rock songs had extremely simple lyrics. I mean, Zombie, by The Cranberries, is pretty much just the word Zombie screamed over and over again, and Take a Picture, by Filter, is basically just, yupp you guessed it, the phrase "take a picture" repeated a thousand times. I think I was drawn to these songs because since I was still learning English they were easier to catch onto and sing along to. Anyway, I think that's why I like Brave so much, because I swear all I hear her scream is "BRAAAAAAAVE!" a thousand times and it takes me back to my childhood days. Plus, it's one of those songs that my siblings find to be really, really annoying, so when it gets randomly stuck in my head and I end up singing "BRAAAAAAVE" all day long I cause maximum annoyance. ;) Anyway, there ya have my completely unnecessary analysis of why I like a song. ;)
 {Express: sequined skirt; Ross: chambray top similar; h&m: chunky spike necklace similar, sheer tights, booties similar}

My dudes, I love this skirt. I love it lots, and lots. I think it's the last of my Black Friday finds that I had left to show you all. I got it at Express for half off, and I love it so much I'm pretty much 100% sure it will be making an appearance for New Year's Eve. What's better than shiny, shiny sequins to dance all night long in and celebrate the New Year? Nothin' I tell ya. Anyway, for my first time wearing it, though, I thought I'd class it up a bit to be appropriate to go to work in. What better way to do that than to pair it with chambray, chunky jewelry, nerd glasses, and a high, high, bun? Oh, and I didn't actually get a good picture of it, but I'm also wearing a bejeweled ear cuff that my lovely older sister bought for me! Well, I'm off to jam out to my 90s/00s music playlist I just created! "This is the story of a girl! Who cried a river and drowned the whole world!!!" 

Much Love!

Linking up with: Wednesday Style Connection

5 comments:

  1. I was literally listening to that song by 3 doors down haha. Also, I like brave and I didn't even know I was supposed to be ashamed by it. Mostly I just love Sara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, awesome!! I'm only ashamed because I'm a snob about pop music, something about always wanting to be all alternative and "fight the man" -y. ;) Love you Lish!

      Delete
  2. I was literally listening to that song by 3 doors down haha. Also, I like brave and I didn't even know I was supposed to be ashamed by it. Mostly I just love Sara.

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ