1.28.2014

Let's Have an Adventure

For the most part, I usually think January is a pretty fun month. It just always feels full of hope and exciting uncertainty about what the new year might bring. I don't know, it just usually makes me feel so alive or what not. This year, though? January has been pretty boring, and it seems there is nothing but more boredom on the horizon. There's this lovely little quote from Pride & Prejudice that is just pure gold, and I'd say describes this boring January pretty credibly. "Next to being married, a girl likes to be crossed in love a little now and then. It is something to think of, and gives her a sort of distinction among her companions. Now, Lizzy, it's your turn to be jilted yourself." Let's get some crossed in love action going! That, or an adventure in general! Ya know, I think I'm actually just craving an adventure more than some crossed in love drama. More than anything, I'm just really really wishing for a getaway. Nothing fancy, just a visit to a beach, with plenty of time to relax, think, and just be away from the mundane cycle of the day to day. Ya know, just to hit pause and take a break. Anyone with me?
Anyway, like any sane girl, now that I've got an idea into my head, fantasizing about just taking off to the ocean has been occupying most of my daydreaming moments (which are often). I mean, honestly, nothing sounds better right now than jumping into a cozy outfit, hopping into a car, hitting play on some tunes, and just driving off until I hit water. (Yes, Allison, I realize driving to a beach isn't as simple as that. Just let me imagine for a minute and romanticize road trips, here, ok?;) Anyway, like any good daydreamer, I've got my whole road trip fantasy all planned out. The car? A 1998 red Suzuki Sidekick (click here for a pic!), roof turned down, for maximizing the wind whipping through my hair. Obviously. ;) The outfit? Baggy boyfriend shorts, an over sized chunky knit sweater, and some soft leather flats. (I'm thinking something similar to this, but with longer shorts.) Now, for the music, which, let's be honest is half the reason to take a road trip. ;)
                                                                                
Sigh, this playlist, my dudes. This. Playlist. It's the perfect combination of upbeat/excitement inducing and slower/pensive. I've been obsessing over Foster the People's new single (SO good you guys!) and I think any good beachy/road trip playlist needs to end in something slower, enter Sweater Weather (THE perfect beach song. I mean, he mentions all the fixins in my getaway fantasy, "let's have an adventure", "sand in my toes", "sleeves of my sweater", "high waisted shorts". The song was made for my daydream.) Oh, and the perfect way to end any playlist? A little Bob Marley. Nothing gets me thinking like a good ol' Bob classic, especially "No Woman No Cry". Reminds me of the good old days when my parents would play his "Legend" CD on our stereo. I have to say I'm pretty dang proud of myself for putting it together. In another world, I would totally love to be a DJ. ;) Give it a sincere listen and give me your thoughts!
 Top: h&m
Cardigan: F21 similar
Boyfriend Shorts: h&m similar
Chunky Knit Scarf: handmade by my sister
Shoes: h&m similar

Complete recipe for a perfect getaway? I think so. Now all I need is to find the car, hop in, hit play on my playlist, and take off till I can feel the sand beneath my toes, the ocean breeze tickling my cheeks, and hear the soft ripple of the tide just ebbing away all the stresses of the day to day. 

Much love!

6 comments:

  1. First, I'm jealous of your shorts and lack of coat...it's about 5 degrees in Columbus OH...

    Second, I love this outfit! I certainly fantasize about the ocean, only I have no hopes of getting there soon!

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Tiff! Yeah, normally we're still around 5 degrees around these parts too, but for some reason Spring is coming early this year (knock on wood!) we've been in the mid 40's for a couple of weeks now! It's pretty wild! :) Gosh, my chances of getting to the ocean are pretty slim right now too, but we can hope right? :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  2. Great outfit! I wish I could wear shorts right now:( Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out... http://laurynlasko.blogspot.com/2014/01/liebster-award-id-like-to-thank-my-mom.html

    xx Laur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laur! I just checked it out, I loved all of your answers! I'll post my answers to yours early next week! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  3. Hi I adore your blog! So I tagged you in my most recent post! :)
    http://placesofalexis.blogspot.com/2014/01/hurry-near-another-day-is-dying-don-you.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, a fellow Alexis, how cool! Thanks for tagging me girl, I love your questions! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ