1.27.2014

The Amendment

Ever have a dream so good you wish you could just keep on dreamin'? I had one of those last week. I won't bore you all with the details, but let's just say I'm craving a good cliff dive in Italy with a beautiful fella. On that note, I'm also kind of wishing flying broomsticks were real because I also had a dream I was playing quidditch with my little brother and now I'm also really craving a good round of quidditch...on a Firebolt of course. Now, can I just say it's feeling positively Springy round these parts? If I didn't know any better, I'd say it feels like mid March! Kind of freaky, climate change and all, but hey, it's warm, I'm not complainin'. ;)
Now, onto the juicy stuff! I've been reading up on other bloggers who have done year long shopping hiatus', similar to my Closet Challenge. Now, I was a little surprised, at first, that there were so many other bloggers out there who had committed to a year without shopping, but now that I think of it, I'm surprised that I was so surprised. I mean, obviously I can't have been the only fashion blogger out there with a shopping problem. ;) Anyway, reading their year long journeys without shopping made me realize that my challenge was missing a teensy little detail. So, with that in mind, I've decided to make an amendment. There are certain things that are necessary to a closet, ie: jeans, plain white tees, pencil skirts, blazers, weather wear, undergarments, and an LBD.  So, what should happen if say, I'm missing one of these items, or one of these items gets lost, ruined, or rendered unwearable? Well, I should be able to replace it, right? Right. So that's my amendment, should one of my basic closet items be rendered unwearable I am allowed to replace it. Now, with all of this in mind, I also realized that I'm missing two essential pieces to any closet, a nice structured pencil skirt and a little black dress. To complete my Closet Challenge these are two versatile pieces that I'm going to need. Now, I'm going to set a budget for myself, so I don't get crazy. I will have $40 to spend total on getting these two essentials, and only these two essentials. I'm going to wait till February to get them, though, because I want to be able to say I've gone a complete month without any sort of shopping at all. And that's the amendment. :) No calling me a cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater.
 Star Studded Sweatshirt: h&m similar
Midi Skirt: chic wish 
Shoes: charlotte russe similar
Glittered Gold Belt: american eagle similar


This month I've been really really into dressing up casual sweatshirts. I don't know why, but there's just something that I really like about pairing something as simple as a sweatshirt with something as put together as a skirt. I just think it's so fun! Plus, this star studded sweatshirt I got at h&m last summer is the embodiment of fun. ;)  Also, I'm not usually one to fuss around with doing elaborate hair do's. I'm just too lazy for it, and I'm always worried they won't look good, but today I decided to change up my usual loose and curled routine fur a fun, high, half up-do. Ya know, I actually ended up loving it! I might actually do it more often! The only thing is, that I pulled the ponytail up a leeetle too tight, so when I let it loose at the end of the day I got that achey at the scalp feeling. Ya know the one. The one that aches so much it almost itches? Bleeeeeeh.

Much love!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE your skirt cute girl! That sweater is darling too!
    Kat | www.poshbykat.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't pass up telling you how beautiful you are in this outfit! The first and sixth photos are absolutely breathtaking! High five to your photographer and to you for letting your inner beauty shine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, thank you Randi! You are SO sweet!!! Allison took these so I will definitely pass along your high five! ;)

      Love you!

      Delete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ