3.03.2014

So Do You, uh, Like Cheese?





This weekend was amazing my friends. A lot of fun family events took place, and I feel so incredibly blessed. Family is the force of life, really and truly. Now, beyond the cheesy stuff, on Saturday I bought the best movie ever made. Hmmm, what movie could it possibly be you ask? No guesses? She's the Man! Best part? It only cost $5! Ooo, Ooo! I watched it with my sister as soon as we got home and let's just say we spent a good hour and a half laughing our heads off. So hilarious! Also, when I first watched the movie when I was fourteen I thought Channing Tatum was the hunk to end all hunks. I mean, he was tall, toned, and totally adorable. Plus, he played soccer, and back when I was a wee lil' high schooler being a soccer player was basically the core requirement in my "What Makes A Boy Attractive" check list, well, that and playing the guitar. If a guy played soccer and could prodigiously sing me a mind blowing cover of The Goo Goo Dolls' "Name" he was considered prime marrying material. I won't even bother delving into my embarrassing list of "Hunky McHunk Hunks" from those good old high school days. Good thing I've matured SOOOO much since then (she say's with sarcasm). ;) I can't honestly deny, though, that if a guy came up to me and sang "Name" I wouldn't say "I do" in a heartbeat. Well, if he met my more matured and reasonable hopes for a guy I would call husband. ;) Another thing, though? Back in the day I also believed cute lil' Channing was actually 17. Turns out he was actually twenty-FIVE when the movie came out. So much for times when teenagers were actually cast as teenagers. I think in another three years I'll be prime casting material for a teenager in a movie. ;)



Top: h&m
Midi Skirt: inherited from my Grandma similar
Shoes: Charlotte Russe similar
Gold Belt: American Eagle similar
Head Wrap: F21 similar

Now, don't forget that the winner of the Nikon D3100 will be announced on Thursday and on Wednesday we have Part Two of the "Blogging Essentials" giveaway and it's going to be a prize you will NOT want to miss. Trust me. :) Now, how about some great She's the Man quotes? 
Duke: So do you, uh, like cheese?
Eunice: More than almost any other animal by-product.
                                                                                                                                                         
Andrew: "Dude, why do you have tampons in your boot?"
Viola:[as Sebastian] "Uh, I get really bad nose bleeds?"
Duke: " So you stick them up your nose?"
Viola: "Yeah! You mean you've never done that? Oh my gosh, Beckham does it all the time!"
Duke: "No."
Viola: "Look, I'll show you. You take that off.. and whatever that is.. and you just stick it right in. It absorbs right up!"
                                                                                                                                                         
Toby: Okay, how come when I wanted to ask Eunice out everyone made fun of me, but then Sebastian likes her and suddenly she's cool? Screw you guys. I hate high school.
                                                                                                                                                          
Viola: [on the phone] Mom, I will pick out my own dress. And no, I will not wear high heels. Because heels are a male invention designed to make women's butt look smaller... and to make it harder for them to run away.
                                                                                                                                                         
Viola: So, uh, you play the beautiful game... bros... brothers... brethren?
Much love!

13 comments:

  1. I remember watching that movie in high school. And it's true? Why do they always cast 20-somethings as teenagers? I'm guessing possibly because the teens tend to be an awkward stage for most of us and maybe Hollywood wants to avoid the awkwardness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, that's probably exactly why! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  2. That skirt! The color is so pretty and I love how you styled it with a white tee and glitter belt! Cute!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pleated skirt!

    www.loveandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! My favorite part of it is that it was my grandma's! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  4. I love this fun spring outfit! You look fab! And omg I am obsessed with She's The Man! Def in my top 5 favorite movies!! Love it
    xx,
    Ashley | Raspberry Glow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! Oh my gosh, it's definitely in my top 5 too! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  5. Haha that movie is the best!! And you look beautiful in this pretty skirt! I love your hair so much!
    Glad you had the awesome idea for these giveaways!!

    Jessi
    http://www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Jessi, you're making me blush, thanks!! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  6. Aww thanks Chels, you're so sweet!

    xx
    Allexis

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ