12.30.2014

Girls Like You





All of 2014 I've had the most awful time sleeping. For starters, I've shared a room all of my life so when my little sister (with whom I shared a room) left on her mission I learned something about myself. I can't sleep alone. I need someone to talk to as I fall asleep. Kind of embarrassing? Maybe, but I have no shame. ;) Next, since my car accident in May that messed up my back in major ways, sleeping just sort of became uncomfortable. Something always aches and causes me to wake up at random parts of the night. Why am I boring you all with these sleep details? Because I am once again up at a random time of night typing up a post. Which, you all know is no good because that means you're about to be bombarded with extremely weird half asleep thoughts! You're welcome. ;) *Side-Note* I am listening to a pretty bomb playlist right now and it's making my half asleep self very pumped and feel like running a 5k right now would be the best idea. Then again, though, what doesn't seem like a good idea when one is half asleep? Also, Mike Posner, you guys, whatever happened to him? He was one groovy guy. Kay, let's tackle these weird thoughts of mine. I have LOOOVED being 22. It has been by far one of my favorite ages. "I don't know about you, but I'm feelin' twenty-twooo!" That was definitely an anthem this year. ;) I just feel like I really know myself as a person now, I know who I am, what I want out of life, where I want to go with life, and maybe not exactly how to get there but at least definitely how not to get there. Along with really knowing myself, I've sort started feeling like, "This is me, take it or leave it. My world is not dictated by how many people like or dislike me." That isn't to say that I'm some sort of butt head that doesn't believe in change or growth. I'm constantly working on being a better me and being more Christ like. For me, "take it or leave it" just means I know my personality, I know my quirks, and I don't think there's anything wrong with who I am. I'm a dreamer, I get distracted easily, I love cheese & peanut butter (not together, obviously), I'm a book loving, comic reading, cartoon watching, movie obsessed nerd, I constantly quote movies, I mishear 90% of what people say because I'm sort of deaf, I LOVE music and I will sing & dance to almost any song I hear no matter where I am (I'm actually dancing right now as I sit on my bed typing this), I have a FIRM testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I have absolutely no qualms when it come to sharing this with anyone/everyone, I love humans and I truly believe that being kind will get you far, "It is always brave to be kind", no one ever regrets being kind, I have very grandma like tendencies but I also have very childlike tendencies, I think old people and kids are the most magical and in tune people so I sort of love the fact that I'm like an old little girl, and that's me. If you ever meet me I can assure you I will do my best to be kind to you and be your friend but on the flip side I also know that there will always be people in the world that just won't "get" me and that's ok. That's just life. There's ultimately only one person I need to worry about pleasing and being able to meet without embarrassment or apology and that's God. So here's to continuing to be myself in the New Year and continuing to grow as a person!




dress: F21
sequin jacket: F21
sheer tights: h&m
photos: Shailynn

Time for another New Year's Eve look! This look is definitely my "go big or go home" look! There's no time like NYE to really go "out" there with fashion choices so I decided to go a little sequin crazy and pair this rose gold sequined dress with this gold sequined jacket! I just thought it was out there, fun, flirty, and just a little crazy! Also, tights, tights, tights y'all. They're your key to pulling off a dress or a skirt without freezing your buns off! Especially if you're a local, and you're in Utah because we're about to have a record-breaking-cold three days! Be forewarned! Anyway, I know I say this, like, always but Shailynn is SOOOO bomb. Seriously, this girl knocks it out of the flippin' park as a photographer EVERY SINGLE DANG TIME. I come to her with my crazy weird ideas and she's always, always game and ALWAYS manages to make my ideas actually look good. Girl's a genius. Book her for photos! Anyway, that's all for today but be sure to check back tomorrow for my last "NYE" look!

Much love!


4 comments:

  1. i enjoyed reading this post! i hope 2015 brings you more sleep!!! and you're able to not have as many back pains etc. happy new year and i can't wait to see what it brings to your blog. i also dance to music i'm listening to - even while sitting on my bed!

    adoruhs@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bianca!! Heavens knows I'm wishing for more sleep, haha! :) Thanks so much for your sweet comment and I hope you have a happy new year!

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  2. gorgeous pictures and a lovely read! can't wait to see what you come up with in 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shannon!! I hope you have a wonderful new year!!!

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ