1.14.2015

If I Had You





So. School. One week down. I'm exhausted beyond belief but I still think it's fab! We'll see how long this lasts. ;) Waking up at 5am has been both harder and easier than I expected. Which, I know that makes no sense at all but that's how I'm feeling about it. I'm sure you're all wondering why in the heck I get up at 5 if my class doesn't start till 8. Well, here's the thing. For starters, it's about a 45 minute drive, then I've also got to get up with enough time to eat breakfast, pack a lunch, prep my backpack for both school AND work, clean my room, get through a few yoga postures, and finally, actually get dressed and decent looking. So yeah, all that's a 3 hour encompassing routine. Lovely init? So far my favorite class is Intercultural Communication. I've already learned a bunch in just two days and I pretty much devoured the first chapter of the textbook. Sooo good. The only thing is, I pretty much started crying in class when we started discussing white privilege. Well, not crying but getting sniffley and that teary burning sensation you get in your eyes when you know the water works are about to start in full ugly force but you're trying to force them back. I mean, white privilege is a very important topic to me but it certainly isn't one I cry about. I'm a tough cookie. (Sort of) What really got me going were the comments a couple of my peers were making. I won't repeat what they said because I've already erased them from my mind, but let's just say I was extremely disappointed to hear that there are humans on this Earth that harbor such ignorant and rude opinions. I do have to say, though, that I was very impressed by what the rest of the class had to say! Progress, guys! Also, surprisingly enough, I'm REALLY liking "History of Rock N' Roll". The only reason I really took that class was because one of my art credits from Westminster didn't transfer over and that was the only class that would fulfill that requirement within the parameters of my schedule. I was completely expecting it to just be a "fluff" class but I've been so surprised by how interesting it is and how much I've already learned. I mean, we pretty much discuss the ins and outs of music for an hour and a half and you guys know how obsessed I am with anything to do with music. We covered the early 50s and the crooners today (one of my FAVORITE music eras!) and sigh...that Frank Sinatra, you guys. He's the babe of my heart. Best male voice I've ever heard and I sort of think he's weirdly attractive too. Swoon. If you feel like being wooed give, "If I Had You", and, "I've Got You Under My Skin", a listen.




denim top: F21
suede skirt: c/o OASAP
tights: h&m
shoes: F21similar
photos: Shailynn

I've just got a few outfit things to say today. First, this is my new favorite skirt. It never fails to get compliments when I wear it and it's super duper cozy. Next, since it's a little on the shorter side, these super thick tights are ma best friends. Also, denim & suede? Match made in heaven. Finally, my hurrs are black again, can you tell? No more subtle ombre!

Much love!

4 comments:

  1. I love that suede skirt with the chambray
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute, I can hardly stand it! haha This outfit and these photos are perfection!
    I'm so sorry that the discussion in your class was... less than impressive. :( That is disappointing. But so glad the majority of the class got it. I am also so excited for your rock n' roll class! What a fun subject!

    ReplyDelete
  3. history of rock and roll sounds legitimately (legitly?) way awesome! and i love your look, and you, and the photos and just love all around k byyyye
    - Rallexis

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ