12.16.2012

playing Christmas tunes and a retro look





{Shirt//glasses: F21, Skirt: White House Black Market, Shoes: Charlotte Russe}


So I'm one of the Relief Society pianists in my ward. We rotate each week between 4 girls, and today was my day to play. I was asked to play, "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem", and "With Wondering Awe". Two awesome Christmas tunes. It being so close to Christmas the stakes were high and the pressure was on to play well this Sunday. I had practiced the songs pretty thoroughly, not to mention the fact that I have 12 years of piano experience under my belt, so I figured I would be pretty bomb come Relief Society. But alas it was not so. You see, every time I sit down to play, my nerves get out of control and my legs and hands go haywire with shaking. So needless to say, it did not go well. I mean, it wasn't awful...but it wasn't good. 


Now, on to the outfit! I came across this adorable little top at none other than Forever21. I loved the studded little collar and hey, for $14 I figured it wasn't bad! To me, the collar was a little reminiscent of the 50's so I decided I wanted to style it in a more retro way. With the retro theme in mind I paired my new find with a flowy a-line skirt and my classic white kitten heels! Since I went with a black and white color theme I infused the look with a little color by going with a red lip and bright red nails. Oh, and I almost forgot! What retro look would be complete without a pair of fun glasses?

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this outfit! Sorry about the bad piano experience. I know how that feels. I still get nervous after all of these years. Good luck with this blog and thanks for inviting me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynette, you're so sweet! I'm hoping the nerves will die down eventually but I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ