7.24.2013

Whatever Happened To?





Hello friends! How art all of you? Here in Utah today is day in which we Utahns celebrate a little holiday we like to call Pioneer Day. The point of the holiday is to remember and celebrate the pioneers who settled the state. For a lot of Utahns the significance comes from remembering their pioneer ancestors. However, since I'm an immigrant I don't have any pioneer ancestors to celebrate, BUT my family and I have come to the consensus that as immigrants our family basically qualifies as modern day pioneers for our future generations to come. With that in mind, we decided to make Pioneer Day a day all about us...so we take the liberty of celebrating ourselves! We treat ourselves to a day of going out to the movies, eating any junk food our little hearts desire and just all around basking in and celebrating each others pioneer glory!




{Target: skirt; H&M: booties similar, hat; Top: old, similar}
This morning I saw an outfit similar to the one I'm wearing on Free People's Pinterest feed and decided I had to replicate it because, um, if Free People did it it's obviously an awesome look right? ;) Anyway, last week I got to having a bunch of "whatever happened to" thoughts and it got me thinking that it'd be nice to share them here so let's make a bullet list! You all know how fond I am of lists! 

Whatever Happened To...
  • Lady Gaga? My sister and I recently got to discussing Lady Gaga's apparent disappearance. I mean, whatever happened to her? One minute she was wearing meat dresses and singing about being "born this way" and the next...WHAMMO...shes gone! Not that I'm complaining or anything, I've never really been a big fan of hers, but still...eerie. 
  • Passing notes instead of texting? I mean, I know phones and texting kind of rendered notes obsolete but I miss notes, they were so nice. A note was heartfelt, it took time to write out in perfectly adorable teenage script and I mean, it used to take some serious risk to pass a note back in the day. I mean, heaven forbid your teacher caught you passing notes and then proceeded to read aloud to the class about your undying love for McHottie. Notes for me died sometime around sophomore year in high school. Which, you know, considering how cell phones really took off for teenagers sometime when I was in the 8th grade it's pretty impressive that notes where able to hang on for that long. The reason I even got to thinking about this is because I found an old note I had gotten from my best friend when I was 15. It was adorable. We talked about the then "man of my dreams" code name, Frosted Flakes.
  • Asking a girl on a DATE rather than asking her to HANG OUT? Maybe to some this one will seem kind of pointless. I bet some of you are wondering is there even a difference between the two? There is. The difference is that guys have started calling dates "hang outs" to make it seem less official, less real, less committed. It's mega annoying, let's just be real. If you want to spend an hour+ of time with me than just gussy up and call it a DATE. I "hang out" with a friend, not with someone I'm romantically interested in spending time with. Maybe I'm alone in this one, but that's how I see it. 
  • Labeling things? This one is kind of in line with the last one and I mean it solely in the terms of relationships because labels like "geek" or "nerd" aren't necessarily good. Anyhow, it's kind of frustrating how so many people seem so averse to labeling their relationships. If you're exclusively dating a person then again just gussy up and put the boyfriend or girlfriend label on the sucker. It saves confusion, heartache and time. Is it really so bad to DTR? I mean, labels are good. Humans thrive on labels. How would the world function without 'enter' and 'exit' labels on doors, or the 'women' and 'men' labels on bathroom entrances. Labels give us direction, and clarity. If you're sure about the person then DTR and walk on through the 'enter' doorway, if you're not sure about DTRing then it's probably for a reason and it'd probably best to proceed through the 'exit' doorway. Again, not everyone is going to agree with me on this one but it's just kinda how I feel, plus there's a reason we all hate "500 Days of Summer" anyway. Nobody can stand it that Zooey Deschanel's stupid character, Summer, won't DTR with poor adorable Tom. Which, if we really get down to analyzing the movie it kind of goes along with what I was saying. Why didn't Summer label her relationship with Tom? Because she didn't love him, she wasn't sure about him so she should have just saved Tom the heartache and stopped seeing him after the first couple of dates. 
  • Non automatic toilets, sinks, and paper towel dispensers? I know I already dedicated practically a whole post to this one here but I seriously hate automatic bathrooms SO much that I had to say it again. Plus, I just needed a fifth bullet. I like making all of my lists in groups of five. Why? If it's not a list of five it freaks me out, and a list of five is lucky because five is my lucky number. 
Much Love!

Linking up with: Fashion and Beauty Finds




6 comments:

  1. It's cool to have a holiday dedicated specifically to your family. :-) Cute outfit!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit! I love your boots and the hat is perfect on you. :)

    Candida
    Merch Maven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Candida, you're so sweet!! :)

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete
  3. Seriously how cute are you!? You look adorable in this outfit, love the whole look.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Yi-chia you're always the sweetest!

      xx
      Allexis

      Delete

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ