9.22.2014

Trend Alert: The Folded Over Tote






These photos are so funny to me because right as Shailynn and I were shooting them a group of teenage girls stopped on their way into the theater to stare at us. Now, that in and of itself isn't too funny, the funny part was that as they stood their staring they started whispering to each other, "Is that Kylie Jenner?"..."I think it is, look at her hair. It's the same color."..."Should we say something?" This was mainly amusing to me because Kylie is about a good 7 inches taller than me, 5 years younger (she's 17, can you believe it?!), and her hair is currently blue/green, not purple. Sad that I know all this? Probably. Buuuut, I did confess to you all that I'm a closet "Keeping up with the Kardashians" fan. "Don't judge me, Lizzy. Don't you dare judge me." Sorry, I just had to throw in that Pride & Prejudice quote because it fit so well, don't you dare judge me for my like of that silly reality TV show, you guys, don't you dare judge me. ;) There are so many things on my to do list, and so many "just-for-fun" things that I'd like to do this week. Mostly little social outings that would very likely involve making possibly important connections and yet alls I wants to do is procrastinate it all, stay at home, and watch The Mindy Project. I'm so bad. Mostly, I'm just suffering from mild cold symptoms and I would like to stay snuggled until I feel better.  Anyone want to take care of all my business for me so I can chill at home? Eh? Eh? Any takers? Didn't think so. ;)





plaid top: F21
jeans: Pacsun
tote: F21
sunnies: Aldo's
booties: Aldo's
photos: Shailynn Photography

I don't know about you guys, but I follow MadeWell's blog on Bloglovin' (it's really quite good and you should all follow it) and one of the trend's they predicted for this Fall season was the "Tote as a Clutch" trend. I decided to try it out and I'm totally digging it. I feel like it just has a way of making an outfit look instantly more chic and it's easy as pie all you have to do is take any old tote bag, I used my "baby-poop-smell" one, and fold it in half letting the shoulder straps hang loose. Bam. Insta glam. Insta updated trend. Also, plaid and booties. If they don't scream fall then I don't know what does. Also, happy first day of Fall!!! Yay!! It is O-ffically my favorite season of the year now! Which also means that four days ago I turned 22 and a HALF! Carazzy? Mmm, yes. Anyway, I'll link some totes I'm lovin' down below so you can all get yerselves one to try out the "tote-clutch" trend!

Much love!


No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY AMANDA INEZ